Location – Hull
Team – Finance
To prepare, as part of a team, accurate monthly accounts from the company’s records and deliver on a timely basis monthly management accounts, incorporating relevant financial and non-financial data.
To assist the Senior Management Accountant and relevant personnel in developing systems and practices within the company that minimise the company’s liabilities to taxation.
Preparing accounts and producing reports of financial information for the Board and other management.
You will –
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts from the company’s accounting records
- Prepare Divisional accounts that reconcile to the company’s management accounts
- Prepare monthly accounting accruals
- Prepare non-standard journal vouchers for input into the general ledger
- Gain an understanding of the company’s policies in taking profit on contracts for accounts preparation, where appropriate liaising with external managers and reviewing CAT data against accounting records to validate contract performance being reported
- Work with the Reporting team to develop the company’s daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial and management reporting, making best use of system report writers to extract financial data from the books and records
- Ensure accounting and data capture processes are adequate for HMRC
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts for the Divisions and the company
- Ensure adherence to all company and statutory policies and reporting requirements
Requirements and Qualifications
- Self starter
- Aptitude to assimilate technical knowledge
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to succeed and advance
- Prepared to attend training courses to include: Health & Safety, Taxation and technical accounting updates and CPD
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of VAT and CIS legislation
- Computer literacy with good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Part Qualified ACA, ACMA or ACCA or Qualified by Experience ideally with experience in the construction industry